The overall vision for the CDT and the related UK Research Centre in NDE is to develop step-change NDE technology to meet new engineering challenges identified by some of the most important industrial growth sectors in the UK economy, by exploiting a powerful range of world leading multi-disciplinary research capabilities.
Examples of previous projects
- 2D ultrasonic array system for the in-situ inspection of single crystal turbine blades
- NDE to reduce defect-related failures in turbocharger turbine wheels
- Thermography for power station environments
- Guided waves for power plant applications
- Use of microwaves for the detection of Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)